New Pediatric Patients
Valley Pediatrics always takes new patients and provides a comfortable, caring environment so our patients and their families can feel at ease. We look forward to meeting you. We are excited that you have chosen us for your child's medical care. Your comfort and convenience are our priority, and we strive to make every visit to our office a positive experience.
Our practice is working together to build life-long relationships between our staff and our patients by consistently providing our patients with compassion, excellence and value. To fulfill this mission, we are committed to:
- Improving the lives of the children we serve by providing quality care in a child-centered environment.
- Listening to our young patients and their families who we are privileged to serve.
- Guiding our patients along a path of optimal health and wellness.
- Continually pursuing excellence at all levels through continuing education.
If you're preparing for your child's first visit, you can do a few things to help expedite the appointment. Please provide the following information when you arrive for your visit:
- Insurance cards
- Complete immunization records
- Medical records from your previous pediatrician
Our mission is to be your “Medical Home,” your source for professional care, guidance and knowledge in the challenging quest of child-rearing. A “Patient-Centered Medical Home” has five major components, each of which are equally important in shaping your child’s physical and emotional health.
- It is Patient Centered, with an orientation toward the whole person. This requires understanding and respecting each patient’s unique needs, culture, values, and preferences. Our practice actively supports families in learning to manage and organize their children’s care at the level they choose. Recognizing that patients and families are core members of the care team, medical home practices ensure that they are fully informed partners in establishing care plans.
- It provides Comprehensive Care. The primary care medical home is accountable for meeting the large majority of your child’s physical and mental health care needs, including prevention and wellness, acute care, and chronic care. Providing comprehensive care requires a team of care providers. This team includes physicians, nurses, , nutritionists, social workers, educators, and care coordinators. We can build “virtual teams” linking ourselves and our patients to providers and services in our community.
- It provides Coordinated Care. The primary care medical home coordinates care across all elements of the broader health care system, including specialty care, hospitals, home health care, and community services and supports. Such coordination is particularly critical during transitions between sites of care, such as when patients are being discharged from the hospital. Our entire staff strives to build clear and open communication among patients and families, the medical home, and members of the broader care team.
- It provides Superb Access to Care. Our practice delivers accessible services with shorter waiting times for urgent needs, enhanced in-person hours, walk-in hours, around-the-clock telephone access to a member of the care team.
- It Follows a Systems-based Approach to Quality and Safety. We have a strong commitment to quality and quality improvement by ongoing engagement in activities such as using evidence-based medicine and clinical decision-support tools to guide shared decision making with patients and families, engaging in performance measurement and improvement, measuring and responding to patient experiences and patient satisfaction.
We are happy to provide our office forms for convenient download on your home computer. Please print and complete the forms below, and bring them with you to your child's first appointment. Questions about which forms you need? Please call our office and our courteous staff will assist you in preparing for your child's first visit.
- Family Information Form
- Physical Form
- Physical Form – 4 years of age and under
- Physical Form – 5 years to 5th Grade
- Routine Exams, Labs & Immunizations Form
In order to view or print these forms you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader installed.
Click here to download it.
The Initial Visit
A pleasant, comfortable visit builds trust and helps put your child at ease during future visits. We want your child to enjoy getting to know our doctors and staff, so we work hard to establish this bond during every appointment to our office. From stickers to lollipops, we strive to make our office a fun, comfortable place to visit even when your child is not feeling his/her best.
Our compassionate pediatricians do whatever it takes to make every visit to our office a pleasant, relaxed experience. With all of the important information about our practice available on our website, you can feel confident that you and child are well-prepared for your first appointment. We also invite you to review our staff page in order to get to know our doctors and staff. We look forward to meeting you and your child and providing the quality, comprehensive medical care you expect and deserve.